What makes aConscious Company?
The Conscious Voices program is our way to champion writers to share their stories, interests, and opinions about work and culture. We prioritize voices from underrepresented groups, and experts in diversity, equality, management and accessibility. We are also particularly interested in stories and opinions that differ from the mainstream accepted ideas of what work should be. Whilst we are primarily looking for written content, we are also open to discussing multimedia content in the form of short audio and video pieces.
Does the Conscious Voices program pay?
Yes we do! Alongside a fundamental belief that everybody should be paid for their labor, we know that a lot of the voices we want to champion are unable to work for free. We pay a $350 USD flat rate for each piece of over 500 words (there’s no upper limit!).
What should I write about?
We are looking for a broad spectrum of content written by founders, thought leaders, employers, and employees connected to the Conscious Culture movement. Content for the conscious.org blog will include:
- Thought leadership designed to instruct, engage, or inspire the community
- Examples of how are you living or implementing a Conscious Culture
- Stories of humanity and purpose within your organization
- Articles about your experiences with diversity, accessibility, equality, or better work
- Expert guides to making work better, specifically in the worlds of diversity, accessibility, and equality
- Success stories of creating or implementing a Conscious Culture
Do I have to be a writer to contribute
Absolutely not. Not everybody with a story to tell is going to be a professional writer, and that’s totally okay by us. Our editors are happy to work with you to shape up your rough draft into a publishable piece. We can also offer support with translating your experiences into writing if you feel more comfortable sharing your story via an audio recording or phone call.
How do I apply to become a Conscious Voice?
If you’re ready, send us your pitch using this form:View the Form