The 10 Commitments of a Conscious Culture
When a company takes The Conscious Culture Pledge, it does not mean they copy the playbook. In fact, many will have a completely unique playbook of their own! Rather, it means they align around these 10 commitments of a Conscious Culture. For companies that are interested in taking the pledge, here are the steps!
As a Conscious Company, I commit to:
- Putting the team’s health and well-being first.
- Keeping standards for execution high, but fair.
- Giving feedback frequently, consistently, and candidly.
- Treating time with the company as one moment in a thriving career.
- Making culture deliberate—and not accidental or afterthought.
- Inviting all members of the team to embrace the mentality of a founder—which means giving them the ability to speak up, make decisions, and move forward.
- Making work hours count in order to not have to count work hours.
- Encouraging personality, fun, self-care, and a personal life—and not treating these as “sacrifices” to the altar of overwork.
- Welcoming people of all personalities, backgrounds, beliefs, and philosophies.
- Caring deeply about impact—both in what the company does for the world, and what it does for its people.